A wonderful time of year has returned to Dundas – the farmers’ market opened yesterday! There are so many local goodies to buy it might be difficult to make choices but you probably won’t regret anything you take home.
I bought brown mushrooms, green onions, strawberries, and sunflower shoots. The shoots were a new thing to try from Chickabee Farm and they were quite tasty both raw and in a stir fry.
I learned a few new things at the market yesterday:
– Chickabee Farm delivers organic Community Share Agriculture boxes
– La Primavera Farms do flower arrangements for weddings
– ManoRun Organic Farm offers pasture raised chickens
For a full list of all the vendors, visit the market’s website. The market runs every Thursday until October 26, from 3 to 7 p.m., and it is located at 21 Hatt Street, just behind the library and a few steps from the lovely shops along King Street.
Other markets in Hamilton include:
– The downtown Hamilton Farmers’ Market beside Jackson Square
– Ottawa Street Farmers’ Market
– Ancaster Farmers’ Market
If I’ve missed any let me know. Happy shopping – and eating!